Val Pusteria/Pustertal Valley
Hotel Post Tolderhof in South Tyrol’s Val Pusteria Valley - Deep and bright forests, high plateaus and meadows, unique summits and nature parks all define the landscape of green Val Pusteria Valley.
The east side of South Tyrol, Val Pusteria Valley, stretches over 2,071 square kilometres between Bressanone/Brixen and the border to Austria. The valley is located in the heart of the unique Dolomites and extends at an altitude of between 700 and 1,600 metres a.s.l.
At the centre of the Val Pusteria Valley is Valdaora/Olang with the winter sports areas of Plan de Corones and Anterselva/Antholz, as well as the Sella Ronda. Pristine natural settings, ideal for winter sports and mountaineering.
Hotel Post is ideally located for reaching all of them in a short time!
The Lower Val Pusteria Valley is characterized by small mountain villages, surrounded by vast high Alpine meadows and deep forests on the mountain slopes. By contrast, the Upper Val Pusteria Valley is home to the spectacular rugged rock formations of the Dolomites of Sesto/Sexten, among which the most impressive are the Three Peaks of Lavaredo (Drei Zinnen). The valley has some of the most beautiful peaks of the Dolomites, and thus some of the finest mountain scenery in the world.
- The city and Old Town of Brunico/Bruneck, with its narrow historic streets, shops, and the castle.
Castles, palaces, and museums
- The Messner Mountain Museum branch of Brunico and, as of summer 2015, one MMM branch on the top of Plan de Corones as well
- Palaces and castles, including Michelsburg Castle and Sand Castle in Campo Tures/Taufers
- Ehrenburg Castle a historic residence in Ehrenburg, exhibiting sumptuous furniture in baroque interior rooms
- Museum Ladin "Ciastel de Tor" in San Martin de Tor in Val Badia Valley: the exhibition shows the history of the Ladin people, from settlement relics of the Neolithic and pre-Roman era to contemporary life. It explains the Ladin culture, as well as the connected history and language of Val Badia.
- Dolomythos: the museum of the Dolomites in San Candido/Innichen
- The Mining Museum in Cadipietra/Steinhaus
- The Climatic Therapist Centre and the Mining Museum in Predoi/Prettau
Lakes and pools
- The Braies Lake (Pragser Wildsee): a beautiful little lake amidst the Dolomites; the deepest lake in South Tyrol despite its small size
- The Anterselva Lake (Antholzer See): a nature theme trail leading to a deep green mountain lake
- The Dobbiaco Lake (Toblacher See): a small Alpine lake on the border with the Dolomiti di Sesto Natura Park and the Fanes-Senes-Braies Nature Park
- Cron 4: the water world recreational park in Riscone/Reischach on Plan de Corones
Sport and leisure
- Kronaction: the adventure park between Chienes/Kiens and Falzes/Pfalzen, with high ropes courses for young and old
- The Summer sledge run in San Candido/Innichen
- The Tre Cime di Lavaredo dairy show in Dobbiaco/Toblach
Wonderful ski holidays in a great hotel!“