The History of the Hotel Post Tolderhof
The Hotel Post in changing times - Together with the Residence Tolderhof, our four-star Hotel Post looks back at a long history.
Since 1868, the former village inn has been in the possession of the Prugger family. At that time, almost 150 years ago, there was no talk of winter tourism in Val Pusteria/Pustertal Valley, and the daily life of people in the rural village of Valdaora/Olang was characterized by tiresome labour on mountain fields. But even then, the inn offered a few rooms for travelers, traders, and merchants who were just passing through, as well as for the first vacationers from more developed urban areas in Europe who came to explore what today is known as the Fanes-Senes-Braies Nature Park.
- Since 1868, the former village inn has been in the possession of the Prugger family
- Today, the Tolderhof is the largest holiday venue-cum-stud farm in South Tyrol.
In the post-war era, the idea of making holidays in the Dolomites grew slowly but steadily. A boom was provided by the 1956 Olympic Winter Games at nearby Cortina d'Ampezzo, located on the southern side of the 3. As a result of the event, the Plan de Corones ski area opened in 1963, which is today one of the most popular ski destinations in the Alps. At that time, Grandpa Max Prugger turned the former guesthouse into a hotel and called it the Hotel Post. The driving force behind the forward-looking decision was his wife, Paula.
In the 1970s, his son Martin, today's senior host, adopted the hotel and adapted it to the requirements of the time. From 1992 to the end of the decade, the Hotel Post was extended to include a spa hotel with indoor pool. In the mid-1990s, the riding stables were added and the Residence Tolderhof Apartment House was constructed.
The new contemporary apartments in 2010 were designed by architect Wilfried Kofler. In that year, Andrae Prugger (son of Martin) took over management of the complex, which he successfully runs today.
Thank you so much! We liked it very!“